If you are an amateur radio operator, Gigaparts amateur radio store is not a new term for you. Well, this company is running a sweepstake that might interest you. The winner gets to walk away with a grand prize of Yaesu FT-DX101D, which is worth $3,299.95. Gigaparts Technology Superstore has been running this sweepstake every year since 2002. It has awarded 90+ winners, different prices valued over $1000 each.
The main aim of this raffle is to market their products, and it has been successful for more than a decade. Every time an amateur radio operator visits their website for the competition, they will come across different products that might interest them.
This promotion method is how this company markets its stock; by giving away expensive products as Grand Prizes.
Name: Gigaparts Sweepstakes
Description: Gigaparts, Inc. is a privately held amateur radio and full-service computer retail store that came into existence in 1998. Their company size consists of 11-50 employees. It has its headquarters situated in Huntsville, Alabama, while it operates another branch in Las Vegas.
User Review( votes)
Gigaparts Sweepstakes Summary
The company’s computer sector specializes in computer upgrades, computer building, or hiring them to build you a P.C. with the latest technology and lowest prices. Their good relationship with their suppliers and shippers assures clients of a considerable drop in the prices of their items. You can also find the best computer systems, services parts, Software, Cloud hosting, amongst other services at their stores.
The radio sector has the latest items from their manufacturers. If you’re interested in being an amateur radio operator, then this company got you covered. Every time you enter their sweepstake, you won’t leave their website without something that might have caught your eye.
Gigaparts is one company that always values its customers. They want to keep on engaging with their clients and appreciate them by granting them a chance to win prizes through sweepstakes.
There is no necessary purchase to enter the sweepstake draw. A call sign is enough to make an entry and stand a chance of winning the grand prize.
The following are the requirements to be able to participate in this promotion raffle:
- The participant must be at least 18 years old.
- A parent to an under-aged licensed amateur operator may participate on their behalf.
- The sweepstake is valid in the U.S. or its territories.
- Employees and ex-employees of Gigaparts are not allowed to take part in this sweepstake.
- This competition is void in countries where the law prohibits it.
- You should be ready to submit sufficient and accurate information.
- You are responsible for any applicable freight charges if you’re outside the United States and its territories.
- You must be an FCC licensed U.S. amateur radio operator.
- The system receives one similar club call sign a day. On clarification, two trustees of a club call sign will make an entry with the club call sign on the same day, but the system will only register one trustee that day.
This competition commences on the 27th of March, 2020, and will end on the 7th of July, 2020. The deadline for receiving mail-in entries is on the 6th of July, 2020, while that of online listings is 7th of July, 2020, before noon (United States Central time).
Participating in this sweepstake offers you a chance to walk away with the Grand Prize of Yaesu FT-DX101D, which is worth $3299.95. All taxes and expenses that accompany the grand prize are the winner’s responsibility.
How to make an entry into the Gigaparts sweepstakes
There are two ways in which a person can enter the competition.
1. Enter by mail
You are required to post a 3” by 5” card with your full name, your call sign, and your contact details to;
P.O BOX 11367, Huntsville, Alabama 35814.
Note: your mailing day will become your postmark date. Online listing on the same day of mailing entry will discard the mail. The company allows only one call sign per letter per day. Gigaparts will not be liable for any missing, destroyed, illegal, or twisted entries.
2. Online entry
Visit the company’s official website www.gigaparts.com. Fill in your call sign and contact details in the blanks provided.
Note: You can only enter one call sign per day. You may submit several entries with the same call sign, but only the first entry is registered. Automated entries do not qualify.
The winner will be randomly selected depending on entries made by a participant, and the total entries made in the entire sweepstake. The winner announcement will be on or after the 7th of July, 2020. That will be after verification of their information and qualifications.
Anyone who wishes to know the winner’s name through mail should make a mail demand to Gigaparts Sweepstakes Winner’s Request, P.O BOX 11367, Huntsville, Alabama 35814. The company should receive the letter on or before the 7th of July, 2020.
Rules and Regulations
Rules and regulations govern this raffle that, if broken, may lead to disqualification from the competition. They include:
- You must be 18 years old at the time of entry.
- You must be an FCC licensed U.S. amateur operator.
- A legal guardian to an underage licensed minor is allowed to participate on behalf of the child.
- This raffle is valid in the U.S. and its territories, while it is void in countries that prohibit it.
- Winners outside the U.S. and its territories are responsible for applicable freight charges.
- Purchases are not necessary, and they do not increase the chances of winning.
- Gigaparts workers and ex-workers are not allowed to participate.
- Inaccurate information disqualifies a participant.
- Only one club call sign per day is allowed.
- Winner selection will be random and also announced on the company website. The grand prize winner will receive a win notification via email or the telephone number on or after the 7th of July, 2020.
- Winner selection will depend on the entries by a single competitor and the total count of listings made during the raffle.
- The company will not answer for any missing, illegal, distorted, or twisted mail entries.
- For mail-in entries, your mailing date will be your postmark date.
- If you make an online entry on the same day you mailed an entry with the same call sign, the online entry discards the mail-in entry.
- Only one call sign entry per day is allowed.
- Entries made by automated means such as bots do not count.
- The sponsor may award bonus entries, but it is not guaranteed. A sponsor has a right to revoke a bonus entry awarded.
- Gigaparts are not responsible for any reason that leads to a participant failing to submit an entry.
- The sponsor has a right to change, postpone, cancel, or restart if the raffle doesn’t run as planned.
- Tempering with the competition disqualifies the involved participant. It calls for legal action.
- The company is entitled to monetary compensation from any person found guilty of raffle manipulation.
- Participating in this sweepstake is regarded as an acceptance of these rules and regulations.
- By participating, the participants agree to let the company publish his information on their website for future campaigns. Such data includes; name, call sign, and participation details.
- The Grand Prize winner is supposed to submit necessary data to allow the sponsor to complete IRS Form 1099. Failure to provide this information by the 14th of July, 2020 gives the sponsor the right to choose an alternate Grand Prize winner.
- By participating, the participant agrees to solve any dispute, claims, or cause of action against Gigaparts by arbitration. Remedies are limited to actual consequential or other damages.
- There is a price to be won.
- The legal guardians may represent the underage licensed amateur operators.
- Your details are secure, and only the required information is publicly published.
- There are two simple methods of entry. That is an entry by mail and online listing.
- Participation in the U.S. and its territories is valid, provided you meet the requirements.
- There is no necessary purchase.
- You can make as many entries as possible as long as you do not automate your listing or make more than one call sign entry per day.
- Winner selection is random.
- The sponsor may award bonuses to those who take time to answer the multiple trivia questions.
- The promotion is void in countries outside the United States and its territories.
- There is an age restriction.
- The sweepstake is limited to FCC licensed U.S. amateur operators.
- Winners outside the U.S. and its territories are responsible for taxes and freight expenses that may apply.
- The sponsor may revoke bonuses awarded.
- Remedy for legal actions is limited to actual consequential or other damages.
Gigaparts Sweepstakes Center
|Winner(s)||One per quarter|
|Prize Expiry||2 weeks|
|Entries||One per day|
What happens if my call sign, email address, or phone number changes during the sweepstake?
Your details are prone to change anytime. In case this happens during the raffle, you are supposed to enter your current information during your next entry. Gigaparts will use this information to get in touch with you, and in case it doesn’t work, they will use the old contact information.
How does the sponsor select the winner?
Every entry made is given a number from zero to the last listing in the total number of sweepstakes in the database. On completion of the raffle, the sponsor uses an external number generator to generate the winning number. The company then investigates the winner to determine any form of cheating.
If the winner is verified, the sponsor announces the results.
Would you do a refund if I won the sweepstake right after buying the same radio?
Yes, the company promises to give a refund amounting to the money paid in the acquisition of the grand prize during the competition. That is if you become the sweepstake winner. Any purchase before the first entry into the sweepstake doesn’t earn the right of refund.
Why is the amateur radio license from the FCC relevant?
The company is aware of people who enter every sweepstake available online. They aim to win several prizes and later sell them. Gigaparts are aiming at ensuring that the people who win this prize are the exact people who will use it and earn their benefits.
That is why an FCC license is essential to participate in this sweepstakes.
How can I get in touch with Gigaparts Inc. for assistance?
Most times, participants feel the need to get in touch with customer care for various reasons. There is a toll-free number where you call an automated attendant. You can also request a customer service hotline.
The company also provides an online platform where you can leave your details and your query. They always get back to you.
Here are the contacts:
Customer Service Hotline: +1-256-428-4646
Automated Assistant: +1-866-535-4442 (U.S. and Canada)
Online Query Link: https://www.gigaparts.com/contact/
Gigaparts Inc. is a company that wishes to appreciate its customers by offering giveaways now and then. The company has dominated the technology industry for over a decade with so much success.
With the ongoing sweepstake, the company attracts a large group of potential customers to its website to win the Grand Prize. They have restricted only the people interested in amateur radio operations to participate. Their target is to ensure every person who enters the draw will be involved in some product they offer on their website.
That is how the company appreciates its clients as it attracts new customers. A win-win platform.