Product Name: Home Depot
Product Description: To make sure that their customers are satisfied with the variety, quality, and the service, The Home Depot wants its customers to take the Home Depot survey. Why should you participate? Reason one- to help the store improve in areas they lack, and reason two- for a $5000 gift card! Oh yes, you read that right. By entering The Home Depot Survey, you get a chance to win a gift card that is worth an amazing $5000!
Who Is Eligible For The Home Depot Survey
The offer is truly something you can’t turn down. The eligibility criteria and rules to participate in the survey are super simple.
- You are eligible to take the survey if you are a resident of the United States or District of Columbia
- You can take the survey if you are 18 years of age
- You can send 45 entries per person, per entry period
- There are two categories for this survey; consumer and professional. Each person can enter in one category only.
How to Take The Home Depot Survey
To take the survey, read along!
- Before you enter the online survey, you need to have purchased at The Home Depot Store, and you should have the receipt from your purchase with you
- Follow this link to enter the survey: homedepot.com/survey
- Fill out all the questions of the survey, and you will be entered automatically for a chance to win a gift card of $5000.
In case you haven’t purchased at The Home Depot Store. Lately, we have a secret hack for you. You can still win a chance. How? Well, you need to send a mail-in entry.
- To enter for a chance to win $5000 gift card via mail, write the following details on 3 by 5 inches card:
- First and Last Name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Specify the category you are entering in (Consumer or professional)
- Send this card in a business envelop on the following address if you are entering in the consumer category:.
Consumer Category: ASC/ Home Depot 2018 Q1 U.S. Consumer Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes, PO Box 430, Macedon, NY 14502-0430
- Send this card in a business envelop on the following address if you are entering in the professional category:
Pro Category: ASC/ Home Depot 2018 Q1 U.S. Pro Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes, PO Box 431, Macedon, NY 14502-0430
- Customer Service
- Product Quality
- Wait Time
User Review( votes)
- Wide range of products
- Fair & transparent prices
- Friendly staff
- Order online & store pick-up
- Excessive wait times at Returns department
- Shady contractors in the parking lots
About The Home Depot
The Home Depot is an American home improvement supplies store that offers the widest variety of home improvement tools. The concept of this home store is not just to offer the best range of home products but also expert opinion and guidance from highly trained and knowledgeable employees.
The Home Depot makes its customers feel truly at home. With a family and pet-friendly environment, the store lets you stroll about its massive area in an extremely friendly and casual environment. Even If you don’t buy anything, your experience at The Home Depot is always pleasurable.
The variety of goods at The Home Depot is nothing like you will find elsewhere. There is no chance of you not find finding what you want. The store is equipped with everything that you need. All you have to do is ask the staff around. They won’t just guide you but will give a detailed account of the products you are interested in. Where possible, they will be more than happy to offer a demonstration as well.
The Home Depot Store sells construction products, tools, and services. The headquarters of the company are situated in Atlanta at the Atlanta Store Support Center.
The stores operate in a big-box format across the world. The stores are spread in all 50 states of the U.S., Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Guam, in all of the ten provinces of Canada and 31 states as well as the Federal District of Mexico. The Home Depot also owns Interline Brands, having 70 distribution centers in the U.S.
It is the biggest home store in the United States, bigger than its rival Lowe’s.
The vision of The Home Depot
The Home Depot was founded with a special vision, which was to create a company that would keep the values important to the founders alive. These values were respected among everyone, an excellent customer service, and giving back something to the society and community.
History of The Home Depot
The Home Depot was founded by Arthur Blank and Bernard Marcus. They were both fired from Handy Dan Home Improvement center. The founders of this state of an art home store dreamt of opening the largest home supplies store over a cup of coffee in a local coffee shop in Los Angeles in the year 1978. The wanted a home store that would be a superstore, offering massive merchandise at the best prices and a highly trained staff.
They took the financing from an investment banker, Ken Langone and help from Pat Farrah, who was a merchandising guru. With the necessary capital in hand, Blank and Marcus opened the first two stores in Atlanta in the following year.
In 1979, the first stores were built in spaces that were leased from J.C. Penney. These space were originally Treasure Island hypermarket- discount department and grocery stores in Metro Atlanta. The first two stores were opened on 21st June 1979. On 22nd September 1981, The Home Depot went public on the NASDAQ stock exchange and raised $4.093 million. On 19th April 1984, the company also joined the New York Stock Exchange.
Story of Acquisitions
By 1984, The Home Depot had 19 stores having a sales of $256 million. The company acquired Bowater Home Center on 31st October 1984 to enter the Dallas market for $40 million. As a result of increased expansion in the 1980s, The Home Depot had to face some financial difficulties. The earnings of the company fell by 42%, and the debt rose to $200 million. This also caused the price of the stock to fall. To curb these difficulties, the company slowed down its expansion and opened only ten stores in 1986, with the stock offering of 2.99 million shares (each share at $17). It helped the company to restructure its debts.
In 1989, The Home Depot surpassed its competitor Lowe’s and became the largest home improvement store in the U.S. The company kept looking out for ways by which it could redefine its marketplace. An installation program with the name EXPO was successfully launched in 1991. It was an installation program for the quality home improvement items.
In 1994, The Home Depot acquired Aikenhead’s Hardware, a Canadian hardware chain for $150 million, having 75% share. All of the stores of Aikenhead Hardware were converted to The Home Depot stores later. The sales had reached $10 billion by 1995, through 350 operating stores.
The Home Depot purchased Maintenance Warehouse, a San Diego company for maintenance and supplies in 1997 for $235 million. It was purchased because it could reach customers that were otherwise out of reach for The Home Depot. In 1999, The Home Depot acquired Apex Supply, which is a wholesale distributor of HVAC, plumbing, and industrial pipes and fittings. Both, Maintenance Warehouse and Apex Supply stores were rebranded as The Home Depot Supply in 2004.
After several successful acquisitions, The Home Depot launched its online home furnishings store by the name of 10 Crescent Lane in 2005. It was shortly followed by the launch of an online lighting store, Paces Trading Company. The Home Depot also acquired Home Decorators Collection and placed it as an additional brand under Home Depot Direct division. The Home Depot acquired the largest home retailer in the U.S., Hughes Supply in 2006.
In 2008 and 2009, there was a downturn in the housing market as a result of the company laid off thousands of its associates and closed 54 stores nationwide. This also included the entire EXPO Design Center chain. The sales were $71.288 billion in February 2009, which was about $20 billion less than the peak the company had reached two years earlier. In 2012, the big box format stores in China were closed. However, in 2013, two large distribution centers were opened in Los Angeles and Atlanta in 2013.
In September 2014 there was a data breach due to the practice of credit card number entries directly into computers at pro-desk and service-desks, and also in specialty departments like kitchen cabinets, flooring, etc. rather than at the POS credit card terminals only. After the incident, this practice was stopped.
As of 2018, there are 2,284 stores of The Home Depot all over the world with a net income of $8,630 million.
- How does the Home Depot Survey work?
- Home Depot Survey can be taken online at www.homedepot.com/survey (if the consumer has a purchase receipt) or the entries can be sent by mail (if the consumer does not have a purchase receipt).
- Do People win Home Depot customer survey?
- Yes, people win The Home Depot customer survey.
- How to win the Home Depot survey?
- You can increase your chance of winning the Home Depot Survey by sending in multiple entries (up to 45 entries per person per entry period
- What time does Home Depot open and close?
- Monday to Saturday: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am to 8:00pm
- How much does Home Depot pay?
- The average pay of employees at The Home Depot is $11.90 per hour.