Having pests in your home is the most irritating and annoying thing that you face. Homeowners struggle with getting rid of them. They not only disturb your daily routine but also carry hundreds of diseases that can cause severe health problems.
Like many other pests, bed bugs are the ones who can disturb you in your sleep and carry several health issues. When bed bugs infest your place, you are going to face a hard time. Because these tiny bugs can spread quickly and also can go long periods without getting their meal. They mostly survive on human blood. And when you are sure the bugs infest your home, it is not easy to get your place free from them. This is where you need to hire powerpestcontrol service to make your task easy. Most homeowners complain that they don’t know how to get rid of them. For this, we have a complete guide to assist you in this task.
Look For the Signs
The more accurate way to find the infestation of bugs is to look for the physical signs of them. When changing bedding, cleaning, or you have been staying away from home, look for the following things:
- Look for the reddish or rusty stains on your mattresses or bed linens caused by this tiny creature being crushed.
- Look for the dark red spots on the fabrics.
- Tiny eggs or eggshells and pale yellow skins that they shed.
- And live crawling bed bugs.
Find Where They Hide
Bed bugs hide in several places. Near piping, around the bed, wooden furniture, mattress, cracks on the headboard of bed and frame. And if your room is infested heavily you can easily notice them crawling, and you may find bugs:
- In the joints of draws
- Between the cushions, in the layers of couches and chairs, and the folds of curtains.
- Under the wall hangings and wallpapers
- In electrical appliances and holders.
In short, you have to check all cracks in your ceiling, walls, and furniture because bed bugs are so small in size, and even the most minor break can hold them. So look for them expertly, so you don’t miss to notice their presence in your room.
Learn About Their Habit and Behavior
Understanding where they live, what they eat, and how reproduce will assist you in finding their infestation. Once you are familiar with their habits and behavior, you can control them in a short time.
- Bed bugs apparently prefer to feed on humans, but they also feed on other birds and mammals.
- They are active at night.
- The tarry or rusty spots found in their hiding places or on bedsheets.
- Almost you will find bed bugs everywhere their host lives.
- They can survive at temperatures as low as 46°F and die when the temperature reaches 113°F.
- They require an average temperature to live.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
- Make sure to check your secondhand furniture, couches, chairs, tables, and beds for any infestation sign before bringing them home.
- To eliminate their hiding place, use protective covers.
- Reducing home clutter will reduce their hiding places.
- Clean and vacuum your place to remove their eggs.