If you have always wanted to be a member of a jury, then here is your chance. Maybe you have ever found yourself saying, “I wish I was in that jury.” eJury gives you the opportunity of being part of a case and giving your verdict about it.
eJury is a website that helps lawyers with their cases. It gives them a platform to see what a jury thinks about their case. When a lawyer gets a case, he/she can take it to a mock jury. He/she will then ask questions, provide evidence, etc. to see what the jury will say about their case. This helps them to know if they have a chance to win or not. Since the eJury consists of ordinary people, you also have an opportunity to join as long as you qualify.
The big question is, “can you earn through eJury?” The company claims that you will get paid for every case that you become part of. You do not even need to move anywhere as the mock jury is online.
Follow this review to find out what eJury is, how it works, and how you can earn from it.
Description: eJury is a mock jury website. It has been around since 1999. Christopher L. Bagby, a trial attorney, started the site. His goal was to show that the internet’s ability to connect people would empower attorneys with the knowledge of others. The site is legit, and it is highly rated on Better Business Bureau.
User Review( votes)
eJury is a way for an attorney to set the waters about a brief they are working on before presenting it in court. It is a mock jury website that has been around since 1999. Is has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
The website is available to residents of the United States only. You need to be at least 18 years and above to join, among other qualification requirements.
It pays you in cash through PayPal every time you submit your verdict of a particular case.
The site allows lawyers to test what the common man thinks about the case that they are working on. The lawyers ask questions about the case to the mock jurors before presenting it to the court. They want to find out if they stand a chance to win. They want to find out if the jury feels that the evidence they present is enough or it is inadequate. What about the public opinion about the case? How would it affect the particular case?
Lawyers are always dealing with cases. The idea of allowing a mock jury to take a look at their case gives them a fresh perspective on the case. In exchange for their opinion and a new view, the mock jurors get financial compensation.
Who uses the eJury website?
eJury is used by two types of people. First, the lawyers who bring their cases to the jury. They want to get an opinion from the jury on the nature of their case. Do they stand a chance to win? The lawyers provide the evidence and the prosecutor’s submissions.
Then there is you, the jury. Your work is to examine the case as a whole and provide your feedback. You get a chance to be part of a jury. The beauty of it is that you will receive compensation for your services.
For you to become a part of a jury, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- A U.S citizen
- You should read and write fluently in English
- Never committed any felony. You also should not be facing any charges currently.
- You should not be a practicing attorney, work for a law firm, be a paralegal, or insurance adjuster
How to sign up to eJury
There is a form that you should fill so that the company can verify your qualifications. You will fill in all your demographics. You also must provide your identity data. This will include your driver’s license number, which they will use to check your conviction records to find out if you are clean.
Once they have done the checking, you will get an email telling you if you have been accepted. You will then be given your log in details and the guidelines on how you will access the case that you qualify for. The jobs you are eligible for depends on the kind of information you provide while signing up.
The following are the steps for signing up:
Step 1: Complete the oath. Take the oath seriously. The company will use it to grant you access to their site
Step 2: Complete the identification process
Step 3: Fill in your demographic profile
Step 4: Submit
How eJury works
A case in the courthouse passes through 12 people. On eJury, a minimum of 50 people tries the case. Once a case comes to eJury, they will take submissions until they hit the target number of 50. After that, the case closes. As such, you should log in as fast as you get the case.
If you have an interest in legal proceedings, it will be easier for you. This opportunity requires a lot of reading. Once you get used to the legal register, it will take you around half an hour to work a brief of 6 pages. This will earn you $5.
The following are the steps in which eJury works:
1. The attorney prepares the case submissions. These will include the case facts, the jury questions, and personal questions that will help get additional feedback.
2. eJury converts the case to an “HTML format” and posts it on the website. The ejurors will then get an email notifying them that there is a new case.
3. The ejurors log in to the site and start analyzing the facts and answering the questions. You then click the “Submit” button. Once the company hits the target number, the case automatically concludes. The company later posts a summary of the case for those who have an interest in checking it.
Note that eJury is county-specific. What this means is that you would only get an opportunity to answer questions and analyze cases from your county only. This limits the pool of jobs. Some counties will have a better chance of getting cases than others. Plus, in some counties, there may be very few people using it. In others, you may have so many users competing for the same chances of work. Therefore, there is a possibility that you may never get work.
The rewards and how they payout
eJury pays you to review and analyze the legal case. They estimate that it will take you thirty minutes to one hour to review the case. For that, they will pay you $5 to $10. The amount will depend on how many pages are in that particular brief. The more the pages in the brief, the better the pay. These payments are far less attractive when you compare with other sites.
Once you submit your verdict, the company will send you your payment through PayPal. That means you need to have a verified PayPal account. You should also make sure that you use the email in your PayPal account, to sign up to eJury.
How much money can you make?
eJury, just like other mock trial sites, will not earn you a lot of money. You should not resign from your job as yet. Like it happens in online paid surveys, the number of offers you will receive depends on where you live and your demographics. The large cities and counties with a more significant population get more chances than the rural areas.
In some places, you might get work once a week. In other areas, users complain of going for up to six months without getting a gig. Some do not get at all.
Is eJury a scam or legitimate money-making opportunity?
eJury is not a scam. It is a legit website in which you can earn some extra cash online. You will get payments for every case you review and after you submit your verdict.
The site pays you directly when you submit a verdict. It will not first put your money into an account for you to redeem later. As such, you do not have to worry about the company not paying your dues.
The longevity of the company also shows you are not playing around with another rookie company. It has been in operation since 1999. Therefore, they have been reviewing cases for about 20 years now. It is also highly rated on the Better Business Bureau. This confirms its legitimacy.
Therefore, the fact that the company may not have a steady flow of income, especially in some areas, or its payment is a little low does not make it a scam.
Is eJury to be recommended?
If you are looking for somewhere to make a lot of money online, or you want to resign from your job to join the online business, this is not your place.
There is a minimal number of cases that will be coming your way for review. This will make it hard for you to earn even a decent extra income from the site. You will be lucky to get an average of $10 to $30 a month. However, if you are looking for a way to make some income as you acquaint yourself with how the courthouse works, then you can try the site out.
- One of the best things about eJury is that you get paid cash. Some other sites will award points that you can redeem later for gift cards. This is not bad. But you will agree with me that everybody prefers dollars in their pocket.
- Another good thing about eJury is that you get paid directly to your PayPal account. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about withdrawal requests or meeting some minimum cash out threshold. The moment you submit your verdict for a case, you get paid immediately.
- Working with this site gives a feeling of how it is like to be a jury. You get an opportunity to review a case and make your verdict. This can be exciting and thrilling.
- It is free to join the site. The company will not charge you anything when you want to sign up. All you have to provide are your details, and you are good to go.
- The site is not available outside of the United States. This denies a lot of people who would be having the interest to join the site and experience such services.
- There is no steady flow of cases for you to review. This makes it hard for you to earn a decent income on the site. The jobs also come according to your demographic profile. This can be a disadvantage as to how many cases you can get.
- Since the cases are not many, the potential of you making a lot of money on the site is minimal.
- Each case has a target number of verdicts, which is around 50. This means you should log in immediately you get the email for you to stand a chance. Otherwise, the company will close the case once they hit the target.
Is eJury legit?
Yes, it is. eJury is a legit way in which you can make some extra cash online.
Am I eligible to join eJury?
You are eligible to join eJury if you are 18 years or older, and you live in the United States. You also should not be facing any charges, you should not have a conviction record, and you should not be working as a lawyer or in a law firm.
How much can I earn on eJury?
How much you can earn on the site will depend on the flow of work. The flow of work will depend on the county you live in and your demographic profile.
eJury is a legit company where you can make extra cash. You may not get a lot of money as the jobs are not very many. Apart from the money, it offers you an exciting opportunity to learn how courtrooms work.